Support The Plastic Surgery Foundation
Innovation is the lifeblood of the specialty; fostering artistry and refining skill in reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery is the driving ambition to which The PSF adheres.
The future success of our specialty relies on proper research and education initiated today.
The Plastic Surgery Foundation’s excellence and leadership within the specialty depend greatly on the generosity of ASPS members.
From annual gifts that make an immediate impact to endowed gifts that support future generations of plastic surgeons, contributions to The Plastic Surgery Foundation serve as the catalyst of innovation for our specialty.
Last year, your generous contributions, professional achievements and selfless enthusiasm enabled The Plastic Surgery Foundation to perpetuate its reputation as the most distinguished research foundation in the specialty.
In 2013, The PSF…
- Provided funding for 34 investigator-initiated research projects
- Dispatched eight Visiting Professors to 33 plastic surgery institutions worldwide
- Established coalition of more than 14 health advocacy organizations lobbying members of Congress to pass the Breast Cancer Patient Education Act
- Hosted eight international scholars at 25 U.S. plastic surgery institutions
- Distributed Breast Reconstruction Awareness Fund grants to eight U.S.-based charities to increase awareness of breast reconstruction surgery
- Awarded five U.S.-based charities BRA Fund grants to cover breast cancer surgical care costs for women who otherwise could not afford reconstruction
Join us as we challenge ourselves to answer important, complex questions that drive outcomes and impact patients.