How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the International Scholar Program. Unfortunately, the program is closed until further notice. Please contact Romina Valadez at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for further information.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Submit a one-page written essay to accompany the application describing the reasons for wishing to become an international scholar and how the experience will help the citizens of their native country
- Provide two letters of sponsorship by their local or regional plastic surgery society and/or by their department chairman
- Submit CV (Resume) and headshot
- Be an active ASPS member
- Provide documentation confirming completion of an approved training program in plastic surgery outside North America
- Be less than 10 years out of training
- Actively practice plastic surgery in their native country
- Have demonstrated the potential for academic and clinical excellence
- Be in good health
- Live outside North America
- Be able to communicate verbally in English
- Residents will not be considered for scholarships
- Applicants may re-apply for the program a maximum of 3 years
After returning home, scholars will be asked to submit an essay describing their experiences in the United States, what objectives were accomplished during their fellowship and how the scholarship has affected their career goals. The scholars will be asked to evaluate the program and to offer suggestions for modification and improvement.
All International Scholar Program inquiries and completed applications should be directed to:
International Scholar Committee
PSF International Scholar Program
444 East Algonquin Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005-4664
Important Note: If an individual is selected as an International Scholar and unable to obtain a visa, The PSF is not responsible for the continuation of the offer beyond a reasonable date.