The Scott Spear Innovation in Breast Reconstruction Research Fellowship
This new grant was developed and is being offered this year in memory of ASPS Past President and Georgetown University Hospital Department of Plastic Surgery Department Founding Chair, Scott Spear, MD and the Spear family's desire to nurture and grow the training and expertise of young academicians considering a career in breast reconstruction and patient care. This grant opportunity is available to residents and fellows and provides salary support to undertake a research project under the guidance of an experienced mentor. The application must describe a structured research training plan, and a research project focused on breast cancer or breast reconstruction. Funding for this new program comes from the Allergan Foundation.
Amount & Duration
Up to $72,500* for 1-year projects
* $50,000 for salary support and $22,500 for research
The 2018 PSF research grant cycle is NOW CLOSED.
The application deadline was January 29, 2018.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Top Ten Most Common PSF Grant Writing Mistakes
Presentation by Brett T. Phillips, MD, MBA, and Howard Levinson, MD
- On Grantsmanship: How to Compete and Win
Presentation by Kevin Chung, MD, MS
- Download & Sign Module Certification (Required for those who have not received funds from The PSF before)