PSF Directed Research Grant
Breast Implant Safety
Studies designed to assess breast implant safety, including local and systemic complications and illnesses related to breast implants, will be considered. Proposals that examine implant surveillance techniques and imaging are also invited. Basic, translational and clinical research studies are all within scope. Project duration may be up to two years. Applications will be evaluated based upon the importance of the study question, soundness of study design, demonstration of study feasibility through preliminary/pilot data, the quality of the investigator team and use of appropriate statistical and analytic methods.
"The PSF Grant Writing Workshop and later PSF grant I received were instrumental in gaining knowledge, and I have recently been awarded an NIH grant."
Mithun Sinha, PhD
2021 PSF Directed Research Grant Recipient
Amount & Duration
Up to $50,000 for projects up to 2 years
The 2023 PSF research grant cycle is NOW OPEN.
The application deadline is December 1, 2022.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- PSF Grant Application Mentoring
- 2021 PSF Grant Mentoring Session
- 2020 PSF Grant Mentoring Session
- PSF Grant Writing Module
- Top Ten Most Common PSF Grant Writing Mistakes
Presentation by Brett T. Phillips, MD, MBA, and Howard Levinson, MD
- Download & Sign Module Certification (Required for those who have not received funds from The PSF before)