Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day
Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day USA will take place on Wednesday, October 18, 2023.
Start planning for Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day now! Host an event with your practice, in your community or online! No event is too big or too small – they all make a difference.
- Educational Seminar: Organize a presentation by plastic surgeons, breast surgeons, nurse specialists and other medical professionals on topics such as breast reconstruction options, timing for surgery, latest advances, etc.
- Art Contest and Raffle: Ask breast cancer survivors to design a bra and auction them off.
- Spa Day: Ask a local salon to support a day of spa services for breast cancer patients' services for breast cancer patients.
- Question and Answer Panel: Invite plastic surgeons, breast cancer survivors, patients who have undergone mastectomy and breast reconstruction to be part of a panel where members of the community can freely ask questions and breast reconstruction.
- "Show and Tell" Intimate Event: Approach smaller breast cancer support groups to host a breast cancer survivor who has undergone mastectomy and breast reconstruction to speak to the group, and if comfortable, show the women what reconstruction looks like.
- Advertising Campaign: Develop a poster or signage with a message, images, statistics, etc. Have the image posted on the sides of a bus, in store windows, etc.
- Patient Appreciation Lunch: Host a fundraising or complimentary lunch to honor your breast reconstruction patients. Invite their friends, family and supporters.
Once you've planned your event, make sure to share it with us! Register your event to add it to our list of Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day events.
Anyone can plan their event with our free Starter Guide and Case Support Booklet! Once you have registered as a BRA Affiliate, be sure to watch your email for the Marketing Toolkit to help promote your event and breast reconstruction awareness!
Get Your Ten
We're encouraging all our members to process at least TEN CareCredit transactions this October!
Every time a CareCredit cardholder makes a purchase of $200 or more with their card at an ASPS location in October, CareCredit will donate $1 to the Breast Reconstruction Awareness campaign.* Transactions must be processed by ASPS members enrolled with CareCredit between October 1, 2023, and October 31, 2023.
*CareCredit will donate $1 for each purchase of $200+ at an ASPS location between October 1, 2023, and October 31, 2023. ASPS location must be enrolled with CareCredit.