Combined Pilot Research Grants
The PSF, along with the AAHS, AAPPS, AAPS, ACAPS, ASMS, ASPN, ASRM and PSRC, recognizes the importance of promoting innovative research in hand surgery, academic plastic surgery related to research, peripheral nerve research, microsurgery and stimulating fundamental research in plastic surgery. Together, these subspecialty organizations are dedicated to fostering the development of surgeon scientists and are committed to increasing the amount of research dollars, in order to fund pilot research studies that set the stage for investigators to apply to larger funding agencies.
"The PSF/ASPN combined pilot and PSF fellowship grants have supported my research interest in developing a suitable neural interface for sensorimotor control of neuroprosthetic devices. Furthermore, these grants have allowed me to pursue my academic goals and strengthen my CV as a young surgeon scientist."
Widya Adidharma, MD
University of Michigan
2021 ASPN/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant Recipient
"This award helped our interdisciplinary group advance a promising technology very quickly, and we are now much closer to readiness for human clinical translation and clinical impact."
Mitchell Pet, MD
Washington University in St. Louis
2021 ASRM/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant Recipient
"Obtaining preliminary data is critical, but often the least supported by most grant mechanisms. The AAHS/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant program helps support researchers in plastic surgery to obtain preliminary data and move forward with their new and innovative ideas."
Gwen Hoben, MD, PhD
Medical College of Wisconsin
2019 AAHS/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant Recipient
Amount & Duration
Up to $10,000 for 1-year pilot projects
- AAHS/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- AAPPS/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- AAPS/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- ACAPS/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- ASMS/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- ASPN/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- ASRM/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- PSRC/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
The 2023 PSF research grant cycle is NOW OPEN.
The application deadline is December 1, 2022.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- PSF Grant Application Mentoring
- 2021 PSF Grant Mentoring Session
- 2020 PSF Grant Mentoring Session
- PSF Grant Writing Module
- Top Ten Most Common PSF Grant Writing Mistakes
Presentation by Brett T. Phillips, MD, MBA, and Howard Levinson, MD
- Download & Sign Module Certification (Required for those who have not received funds from The PSF before)