Combined Pilot Research Grants
The PSF, along with the AAHS, AAPPS, AAPS, ACAPS, ASMS, ASPN, ASRM and PSRC, recognizes the importance of promoting innovative research in hand surgery, academic plastic surgery related to research, peripheral nerve research, microsurgery and stimulating fundamental research in plastic surgery. Together, these subspecialty organizations are dedicated to fostering the development of surgeon scientists and are committed to increasing the amount of research dollars, in order to fund pilot research studies that set the stage for investigators to apply to larger funding agencies.
"The PSF/ASRM funding that I recently received to study the histologic and clinical effects of radiation, and its timing on internal mammary vessels has had a profound impact on my academic career. While I have a significant research background, I have changed my research interests to align with my breast reconstruction and aesthetic practice. Funding from PSF enabled me to generate data, and a track record in a field that was relatively novel for me, thus improving my ability to obtain other grants. Further, the entire process has rekindled my interest in research, mentoring residents at my institution, and interacting with the keen innovators at ASPS that advance our dynamic field."
Terry Myckatyn, MD, FACS, FRCSC
Professor, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Washington University School of Medicine
2015 ASRM/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant Recipient
Amount & Duration
Up to $10,000 for 1-year pilot projects
- AAHS/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- AAPPS/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- AAPS/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- ACAPS/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- ASMS/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- ASPN/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- ASRM/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
- PSRC/PSF Combined Pilot Research Grant
The 2019 PSF research grant cycle is NOW CLOSED.
The application deadline was December 3, 2018.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Top Ten Most Common PSF Grant Writing Mistakes
Presentation by Brett T. Phillips, MD, MBA, and Howard Levinson, MD
- On Grantsmanship: How to Compete and Win
Presentation by Kevin Chung, MD, MS
- Download & Sign Module Certification (Required for those who have not received funds from The PSF before)