2018-19 Visiting Professors
The PSF Visiting Professors instruct Plastic Surgery Residents using their clinical, technical and educational expertise. Plastic surgery training programs benefit from the Visiting Professors' wealth of knowledge and innovative perspectives on plastic surgery represented by the Visiting Professors.
Mark W. Clemens, MD
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma: A Critical Review
- Robotic Assisted Latissimus Dorsi Breast Reconstruction
- Technique and Timing for Reconstruction of the Radiated Breast
- Surgical Options for Challenging Oncoplastic Breast Defects
- Understanding the long-term safety and outcomes of breast implants
Patrick B. Garvey, MD
- Virtual Planning and Rapid Prototype Modeling for Complex Mandible and Midface Reconstruction
- The 21st Century Free Fibula Osteocutaneous Flap
- Perforator Selection in DIEP Flap Breast Reconstruction
- Technology for Assessing Flap Perfusion
- Breast Reconstruction in Obese Patients
- Oncoplastic Breast Reconstruction
- Complex Abdominal Wall Reconstruction: Best Practices Based on Patient Outcomes
- Oncologic Reconstruction of Spine and Sacrum Defects
- Oncologic Chest Wall Reconstruction
William Y. Hoffman, MD
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery – Long-term outcomes
- Plastic Surgery past, present, future – A personal perspective
- Cleft Lip and Palate – overview, steps in lip repair, secondary surgery
- Facial fractures – approaches and treatment
- Photography for Plastic Surgeons
Scott T. Hollenbeck, MD, FACS
- Clinical Breast: What to Put in Your Breast Reconstruction Toolbox and When to Use it
- Clinical Breast: Managing Congenital Breast Anomalies
- Clinical Trunk: Oncologic Chest Wall Reconstruction
- Clinical Lower Extremity: How to Make Lower Extremity Reconstruction Reliable
- Clinical Lower Extremity: Is Foot and Ankle Reconstruction Hard or Easy?
- Basic Science: Does Fat Cause Cancer; the relationship between adipocytes and breast cancer
- Education: How to Develop a Research Project During Residency
- Education: Finding Happiness
Michele Ann Manahan, MD
- General reconstruction: 1. Ear, 2. Skin cancer, 3. Trunk
- The aging body: "Finding the Fountain of Youth"
- Cutaneous fungal infections: "There's a Humongous Fungus Among Us"
- Breast reconstruction
- Patient-centric decision-making: 1. "The Menu: Options, Outcomes, Obstacles," 2. "The Spectrum of Breast Reconstruction," 3. "Oncoplasty"
- Challenges in breast aesthetics: "When Circumstance Rains on your Parade"
- Concurrent and overlapping surgery: "A Day That Shall Live in Infamy"
- Healthcare quality metrics: 1. "Quality, Stand and Deliver...Your Money or Your Life (Or Your Outcome or Your Job)," 2. "Tips for MIPS"
- Electronic medical record pitfalls: "Watch Out, It's Coming for You"
- Healthcare value: "Undressing the Emperor"
- Current Events: "What's Hot and What's Not"
- Navigating healthcare terrain/changing identity of physicians: "Painting a New Rockwellian Portrait"
- Personal Empowerment: "Put PEP (Personal Empowerment Practices) in your Step"
- ERAS/Clinical Pathways: "A Toolkit for Moving Mountains"
- Joy in Medicine: "Does the Pilot Hand Out Peanuts?
- History: "Gillies: Everything Old is New Again"
Bruce A. Mast, MD, FACS
- Body Contouring after Massive Weight Loss
- Maximizing Outcomes in Aesthetic Breast Surgery
- Maximizing Outcomes in Breast Reduction
- Evolving Approaches to Facial Rejuvenation
- Breast Reconstruction without Free Flaps
- Maximizing Safety in Outpatient Surgery
- Venous Thromboembolism and the Plastic Surgery Patient
- How to Give an Effective Scientific or Medical Presentation
- How to Establish and Maintain a Successful Plastic Surgical Practice
- The Shifting Financial Landscape in Medicine and Surgery
Nicole Sommer, MD
- Breast Reduction Pearls
- Surgical Ergonomics
- Physician Resiliency v Resident Wellness
- Breast Reconstruction-Helping your patient determine what is best for them
- Nipple Reconstruction
Mark Urata, MD
- Approaching the Facial Cascade with LeFort III/I/BSSO Combinations
- Are Cephalometrics Old School: 3D Planning in Craniofacial Surgery
- The Frontier of Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery in the Movies: Life Imitating Art or Vice Versa
- Dentistry in Plastic Surgery: From Occlusion to Dental Implants, What We Need to Know
Liza C. Wu, MD, FACS
- Efficiency and Cost Containment in Autologous Breast Reconstruction
- Aesthetic Refinement in Breast Reconstruction
- Oncoplastic Revolution: A Paradigm Shift in the Surgical Management of Breast Cancer
- Diversity in Plastic Surgery